Celebs then and now…that’s not interesting anymore. Been there (google.com) and seen that.
So we’re going to the next level here. Popular women magazines…then and now. That’s probably something you haven’t seen before. Check out covers of some popular magazines and compare them with their earliest editions.
Magazines vintage style…
Left: 1867 – Right: November 2012
Left: 1883 – Right: November 2012
Left: 1886 – Right: December 2012
Check out this interesting overview of fashion style trough the last three centuries. Obviously there is a big difference between 1775 and 2000.
I’m all for the 1930 and 1947 style. Stylish with fashionable hats.
Do you have any favorites?
So I was in my old-hollywood-movie-mood again. As I watched some movies I realised, some things will never change. Ofcourse technology had changed 180 degrees from 1950 till now. And sure… the material life as we know it was unthinkable back in the days. But certain things will always stay the same…:
– Men will be men (Some like it hot, 1959)
– Diamonds & pearls are still a girl’s best friend (80% of the movies from let’s say…1920 till now)
– We still like good dancing… (Fred Astaire / Gene Kelly movies)
– And great sense of humour (Laurel & Hardy, Charlie Chaplin)
– Sense of great fashion style (Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly and many more..)