A few nights ago I was thinking about friendship in the present and back in the day. With back in the day, I mean for example the 1950s, but also the time I grew up (90’s/early 00’s). It’s interesting to see how things have changed so rapidly in the last couple of years, mainly because of technical innovations. I partly grew up in the oldskool 90s era and also the beginning of the current technology era. Once again you could say: I’ve seen the best of both worlds. These days you see a lot of (funny) viral movies and memes about the influence of the digital era on our social life. So have these digital innovations of the last years effected or influenced (my) friendships?
In your life you’ll meet thousands of people.
– With some of them you won’t have any connection, so you’ll go your separate ways
– Some come into your life and leave early
– Some come into your life and stay for a while
– Some are there to teach you a lesson
– Others need you in their life for a while, to learn a lesson from you
A lot of people will be fake, because their words speak louder than their actions.
A few will be real, because their actions speak louder than words.