When I say 1920s, what’s the first thing that comes to your mind? Party like it’s 1920-1929? Flapper girls, economic prosperity, jazz or the Harlem Renaissance? Or maybe all of them? For me it’s a combination of a lot of things. I remember watching the movie the Great Gatsby. Of course, my fascination for vintage made my vision a little but colored, but I loved that movie. Especially the way the roaring twenties atmosphere was recreated. After the 1950s and 1960s, the roaring twenties have a special place in my vintage heart. That’s why it was time to think about randon thoughts that would cross my mind if I had lived in that time period. Please note, just like the previous episode If I lived in the early 1900s, most of the time I am on the don’t-take-it-too-serious road. What would life be back then?
So let’s take the time machine and go back to the 1920s, shall we?
1. “Finally: we – women – have the right to vote”.
2. Every Saturday night. “Jazz vibes here, there…jazz vibes everywhere”.
3. “Short hair don’t care. Long hair is sooo Victorian era style. We’re so over that. Time for something new: short and sassy! Apparently they call this the bob”.
4. “I love art and music. Harlem apparently is the place to be! Love to go to there sometime.”
5. “There is so much prosperity at the moment. How long will it last?”
6. “Let’s rebel against the morals of the early 1900s. Because they are so oldfashioned.”
7. “Short (curly) hair, fringed dresses and skirts, long draped necklaces and ofcourse rolled stockings: I wanna be a flapper baby.”
8. “Have I mentioned that Jazz owns my roaring twenties life?”
9. “My favorite book? Well, The Great Gatsby ofcourse!”
10. “What do you mean prohibition? Just make a little trip to the basement.”
11. “Charlie Chaplin is my favorite moviestar of the moment.”
12. Late 1920s. “Hmm…why are people suddenly talking in the movie? What kind of strange development is this?”
13. “So much luxury these days when it comes to automobiles, telephones and electricity. I wonder how the world will look like 100 years from now.”
14. “I want to dance the night away. Charleston and Black bottom, here I come!”
15. “Last weekend was totally the Cat’s Meowwwwww.“
All pictures via Wikimedia commons
Want more spice and chocolate? You can follow me on facebook, instagram, twitter, bloglovin and pinterest!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!