via my instagram
Nowadays, you know this blog as a vintage, retro and inspiration blog, but it didn’t start out that way. So how did it start? Time for some personal blog nostalgia!
2009: getting into the blog-o-sphere
As you may know, I started this blog in 2009. Blogging was really different back then. For the persons who were online savvy and active on forums etcetera, it wasn’t anything new. However, a perfect lay-out and a mobile compatible website were not as important as nowadays. Perfect Pictures? Who cares about that? How times have changed… In that time period, blogging was something I did whenever I felt like it. From three times a week to once every two months. Who needs structure? Nowadays I am a little less rebellious when it comes to structure.
In the first year, I wrote my blogposts in Dutch. Writing was not a problem, but the big question in the beginning was: what should I write about? So what do you do in a situation where you don’t exactly know what you want? You start trying (and eliminating).
My early Dutch blogposts
Here is a list of a few of my first (Dutch) blogposts. I still keep them on my blog, because it’s always nice to look back on moments (or in this case blogposts), that give you those warm nostalgic vibes.
– Already quite ambitious back then: If I ruled the world
– One of my most read blogposts of 2009, my opinion about the movie Slumdog Millionaire
– Money, fortune and fame don’t buy happiness. I felt the need to tell the world about this.
– I wrote about disasters and media, reality checks and the little things in life that make you happy. See what happened there? The first signs of my fascination for (oriental) spicy food for thought started a long time ago.
– Tried out some poetry. Once and never again. Storytelling is more my thing.
– I was allergic for winters. I still am.
– I showed you how much time you spend waiting…
– Ladies, did you know that putting on make-up is good for your balance and coordination?
– I wrote about ironic life moments.
– I saved the best for last. This was my first vintage flavoured blogpost: I love 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s. Well, that love is obviously still going strong.
Want more? Check out my archive on my homepage for all my old(er) blogposts!