If you have no expectations, you can’t be dissapointed. This also applies to watching movies. I haven’t read the book The Great Gatsby (yet) and I actually went to see the movie because: roaring twenties, vintage costumes, historical setting…What more does an Old Hollywood cinema and vintage lover need?
From the very first scene you’ll see that it’s no ordinary movie. As soon as the movie starts you’ll get sucked into the movie. Into the roaring twenties and Jay Gatsby’s story. Jay Gatsby is kind of a mysterious figure. Nobody really knows anything about him. As the story evolves we get to know him. Especially his dreams and hopes for the future.
Cats rule the internet when it comes down to the funny pictures department.
The newest hype: Cats v.s. vintage Pin Up Girls
So I was in my old-hollywood-movie-mood again. As I watched some movies I realised, some things will never change. Ofcourse technology had changed 180 degrees from 1950 till now. And sure… the material life as we know it was unthinkable back in the days. But certain things will always stay the same…:
– Men will be men (Some like it hot, 1959)
– Diamonds & pearls are still a girl’s best friend (80% of the movies from let’s say…1920 till now)
– We still like good dancing… (Fred Astaire / Gene Kelly movies)
– And great sense of humour (Laurel & Hardy, Charlie Chaplin)
– Sense of great fashion style (Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly and many more..)